Today’s active adult communities are very different from those of the past and should not be confused with nursing homes or the like. These neighborhoods, designed for residents age 55 and older, can be found throughout the Triangle and offer a maintenance-free lifestyle with independence and loads of perks.
Active adult communities can be owned or rented. Communities in the Triangle feature single-family homes, townhomes, apartments, condos, and attached homes. Each of these has different floor plans with an array of advantages for those 55+. The homes are truly designed with convenience and comfort in mind. Some of the facilities have 24-hour on-call staff to assist residents. Most of the communities have large clubhouses, dining rooms, card rooms, kitchens, fitness centers, conference rooms, gardens, tennis courts, activity centers, recreation rooms, pools, and more.
Benefits of Living in a 55+ Community
- Calendar of events
- Activities and amenities that emphasize an active lifestyle
- Groups and clubs such as dinner clubs, card groups, theatre groups, game clubs, and more
- Bus and field trips
- Classes such as cooking or sewing classes
- Medical advantages that come with staying active
- Decreased risk of loneliness and depression
- Sense of community
- Truly maintenance-free living
- Support services such as housekeeping, cooking, pet care, rehab services, medication reminders, etc.
- Many of the homes feature floor plans that are all on one level, have wider doorways, accessible bathroom features, and more
- Safety and security
- Rightsized living space
- Surrounded by your peers
Ready to Find Your Community?
There are active adult communities all around the Triangle that fit a wide range of budgets and needs. Check out my Active Adult Communities Page where I highlight some of my favorite communities and neighborhoods. Then contact me at 919-961-3277 or email me at Annie@HudsonResidential.com to start your search. I cannot wait to explore these neighborhoods with you!