Today’s active adult communities are very different from those of the past and should not be confused with nursing homes or the like. These neighborhoods, designed for residents age 55 and older, can be found throughout the Triangle and offer a maintenance-free lifestyle with independence and loads of perks.
Active adult communities can be owned or rented. Communities in the Triangle feature single-family homes, townhomes, apartments, condos, and attached homes. Each of these has different floor plans with an array of advantages for those 55+. The homes are truly designed with convenience and comfort in mind. Some of the facilities have 24-hour on-call staff to assist residents. Most of the communities have large clubhouses, dining rooms, card rooms, kitchens, fitness centers, conference rooms, gardens, tennis courts, activity centers, recreation rooms, pools, and more.
Benefits of Living in a 55+ Community
- Calendar of events
- Activities and amenities that emphasize an active lifestyle
- Groups and clubs such as dinner clubs, card groups, theatre groups, game clubs, and more
- Bus and field trips
- Classes such as cooking or sewing classes
- Medical advantages that come with staying active
- Decreased risk of loneliness and depression
- Sense of community
- Truly maintenance-free living
- Support services such as housekeeping, cooking, pet care, rehab services, medication reminders, etc.
- Many of the homes feature floor plans that are all on one level, have wider doorways, accessible bathroom features, and more
- Safety and security
- Rightsized living space
- Surrounded by your peers
I recently found homes for two of my clients in the Fendol Farms neighborhood in Durham. Fendol Farms is a tranquil community that offers elevated amenities and value for active adults. Fendol Farms features expertly designed ranch floorplans nestled within rolling pastures, wooded preserves, and trails overlooking Little Lick Creek on the historic Fendol Bevers farm. While a beautiful country setting, all the metropolitan pleasures of the Triangle just moments away. Imagine a perfectly balanced setting that allows you to enjoy all life has to offer.
Located in Durham, just minutes away from world-class dining and shopping, yet embracing North Carolina’s natural beauty through attractions such as Umstead Park, Brier Creek is truly what life in The Triangle represents: the best of both worlds. Learn more about Fendol Farms at Lennar.com.
Active Adult Communities in The Triangle
Here are some of the active adult communities that I have visited and loved.
- Regency at Briar Creek – Raleigh
- Carolina Arbors – Durham
- Carolina Preserve at Amberly – Cary
- Fearrington Village – Pittsboro
- The Villages at Aversboro – Garner
- Carolina Reserve of Hendersonville – Hendersonville
- Evergreen at Flowers Plantation – Clayton
There are active adult communities all around the Triangle that fit a wide range of budgets and needs.
Ready to Find Your Community?
There are lots of things to take into consideration when choosing the perfect community for you—budget, amenities, location, activities, and care—to name a few. I would love to learn more about your current lifestyle including what activities you are interested in. With so many options to choose from and more active adult communities popping up around the Triangle each day, there really is something for everyone. Contact me today at 919-961-3277 or email me at Annie@HudsonResidential.com.