If you saw last month’s blog post on weighted blankets, you already know I am all about getting cozy when the weather starts cooling off so I’ve been on the hunt (from the comfort and safety of the couch) for the coziest home items around. Better Homes & Gardens has put together a great list of decorating ideas that will make your home feel warm and inviting all season long.
Here are a few of our favorites from the list and you can view all of their suggestions here.
- Sheepskin Rugs – A sheepskin rug is the epitome of cozy!
- Floor Lamps – With winter comes fewer hours of daylight. Add floor lamps to those dark corners of your house.
- Mirror Above the Fireplace – Your fireplace gets a lot more use in the winter so dress it up for all the attention it is getting.
- Plants – Incorporate plants into your decor to make rooms feel more cheerful and livelier.
- Rearrange Your Funiture – If you have a fireplace, move furniture towards the center of the room and face them near the hearth.
- Update Your Bedroom – Prepare for cold weather by adding extra throws, blankets, and pillows.
- Add Pops of Color – A bright throw or a few bold pillows will ensure your neutral spaces won’t feel cold in the winter.
- Large Mirrors – Hanging a large mirror on a blank wall will reflect light throughout your space.
- Winter Window Treatments – Patterned Roman shades are a great addition to the kitchen.
- Chair Covers – Cozy your dining room up for the season with simple slipcovers that add warmth.
- Snow-White Dishware – Collect a display of white dishware to add a bit of winter style to a bookcase.
- Layer Rugs – I love hardwood floors but in the winter, they get cold. Layer rugs on top of one another for a unique style statement.
- Fill Your Home With Smells of the Season -A bowl of potpourri in a wintry fragrance, such pine needles or evergreen, or a basket of cinnamon-scented pinecones will instantly fill your home with seasonal cheer.